Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Sad Time For America

Mitchell Langbert has a great blog. I don't always agree with him but he has written today what I have been thinking about for sometime now. In July my granddaughter will be 6 years old. On her 1st birthday I gave her an unusual gift, it was a book. No I wasn't predicting she could read before the age of two, I gave her "Complete The American Revolution!" What 9-11, Corporate Scandal, and the 2000 Presidential Election Have in Common and What We Can Do about It. By Albert Piacente. With it was a note, and for the life of me I can't remember what it says. Maybe my daughter can comment here with it's content if she can find it. But essentially it said, "Someday you will need to read this book". That was 2003. It was clear to me then where we were headed.

I never thought that things could move as quickly as they have. With massive bailing out and socializing the banking industry and others, and they will be no end to that. As Mitchell points out we have been sliding down this slope for sometime. But it has reached a speed and momentum that I fear cannot be stopped.

For my granddaughter sake she can't wait for her right to vote, he parents need to read the book now as do I recommend for any American who loves what this great country once was. Worth reading.

Read Mitchell here American Democracy, RIP

No comments:

Post a Comment